All on 4 dental implants offered at the Malo Smile USA Rutherford dental office can give you your desired set of teeth in a day (same day smile) using just four implants. All-on-4 Implants are an option to replace missing teeth. A full set of beautiful teeth can dramatically boost a person’s confidence, and improve quality of life by providing ease of eating and talking, which most of us take for granted. A set of teeth is usually replaced by the placement of a denture or implants.
What does the All-on-4 procedure entail?
After your consultation with your personal Malo Smile USA dentist, a full jaw x-ray and possibly a CT scan will be taken to examine the amount and location of bone in your jaw. This will allow us to diagnose if there is enough bone length, width and density to securely place our All On 4 Dental Implants. A thorough examination will also be performed to check that there are no problems present in the mouth before starting the treatment.
Placement of the four implants is the same as normal implant procedures. Treatment is carried out in a environment similar to a hospital, with the surfaces and surgeons scrubbed and covered. The operation is carried out under local anesthesia and is pain-free. The implant fuses with the natural bone over time. This process is called Osseo integration or osteointegration and gives the replacement teeth maximum stability.
Two of the All On 4 Dental Implants are placed at the front of the mouth, taking advantage of the dense jaw bone existing there. The two implants at the posterior of the mouth are fitted at forty-five degree angles to allow maximum stability and take full advantage of the stronger bone in front of the jaw and avoid the maxillary sinuses in the upper jaw.
There is no need to wait for the mouth to heal before placing bridges or dentures on the implants with All-on-4 implants, you can leave your Malo Smile USA dental office with a full set of functional and beautiful teeth.
Am I suitable for All-on-4?
Before beginning treatment your personal Malo Smile cosmetic dentist will perform a thorough assessment to ensure suitability of treatment. Dental Implants have the highest success rate when performed on suitable candidates. Factors posing as risks to success are if the patient is diabetic or has other health risks. Smokers can still have dental implants. Those who suffer from gum disease will need to have the condition dealt with prior to proceeding with implants. Treatment may be a professional clean by the dentist (to decrease bacterial count) and a continuation of good oral hygiene regimes at home. For severe cases of gum disease a more intense gum treatment performed by a periodontist may be necessary. It is important that you understand the importance of good oral hygiene and are able to undertake daily brushing and flossing using correct techniques prior to the placement of implants.
What are the benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants?
- Only requires 4 implants instead of the usual 6 – 10
- All on 4 Dental Implants are carried out far quicker than traditional methods with less surgery
- Less costs involved than standard placement of 6-8 implants
- Bone graft unlikely to be required, which also reduces the cost
- Permanent set of teeth can be fitted in the same appointment as the implants
- All on 4 Dental Implants are a great way of preventing the inconvenience of denture looseness, slippage and wear, which helps when eating and talking, and allow the new teeth to be treated just like regular teeth. Those who have All-on-4 dental implants experience the same ability to eat as people with a full set of natural teeth and will experience no difference in taste, i.e. the ability to eat hard and sticky foods which are normally challenging to denture wearers.
- The teeth of All-on-4 do not rub against the gums (thus no ulceration with denture wear) as they are securely anchored into the dental implants.
- All-on-4 replacement teeth are fixed permanently in the mouth and can be cleaned just like natural teeth. In time you will not think about the fact that you have implants.