Dr. Iyer graduated with honors from the New York University College of Dentistry in 1994 and went on to pursue graduate studies in Prosthodontics from the same University.
He taught as a clinical Assistant Professor for several years at NYU’s department of Post Graduate Prosthodontics.
Currently he holds two appointments in the departments of Periodontics and Prosthodontics at Rutgers’ University Dental School, New Jersey.
Dr. Iyer is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry and a Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. He has lectured in over 30 countries and presented at over 100 symposia in Implant Dentistry and Prosthodontics.
He has several publications in peer-reviewed journals and mentors graduate residents to present posters and table clinics. Dr. Iyer is uniquely qualified to perform both the surgical and restorative phases of implant dentistry.
His patients come from all over the world and he has maintained his patient base for over 20 years. Besides teaching and treating dentists in the United States, Dr. Iyer has taught and trained over 3000 dentists from around the world.
He is the Director of the prestigious AAID Implant Maxicourse held in Asia with centers in Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi, Bangalore and Sri Lanka. He co-directs these courses in Las Vegas and at Rutgers, New Jersey.
Dr. Iyer was inducted as a Fellow in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow and has Fellowships in reputed organizations such as the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontists, and the Dental Facial Esthetics Academy. Patients attest to Dr. Iyer’s skills and abilities due to his objective approaches in treatment planning.
His treatment recommendations are based on accurate diagnosis and a thorough evaluation of his patient’s needs. His customized and personalized plans are all evidence-based and provides for contingencies.
Dr. Iyer is always available for second opinions and he does not believe in single concept-based treatments. “America’s Top Dentists” is an award that Dr. Iyer consistently receives from the Consumer Research Council of America.
His services for the American Academy of Implant Dentistry earned him the recognition as an “Honored Fellow”. He currently holds the position of Secretary for the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and regularly participates in volunteering for the Annual Meetings of the Academy as a Scientific Chair.
- President AAID
- Clinical Asst. Professor, Departments of PG Periodontics, PG Prosthodontics and Implant Fellowship Programs,Rutgers University, NJ, USA.
- Course Director, AAID Maxicourse Asia – Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, India
- Past President NE District, AAID
- Program Chairman, AAID Annual Meetings (2007, 2009, 2012, 2015)
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Editorial Board, Journal of Oral Implantology
- Chairman Global Committee, AAID
- Private Practice limited to Implant Dentistry and Prosthodontics
- Fellow, Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontists
- Co-Director AAID Maxicourses – Las Vegas, Rutgers University, Iran, Egypt and Malta.
- Fellow, International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics
- Visiting Faculty, NYUCD – Department of PG Prosthodontics
- Conducted courses and made presentations in over 30 countries
- Published several articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Board of Directors, AAID Research Foundation
- Director, Smile USA Center for Reconstructive Dentistry
- President, Smile USA Center for Educational Excellence