When you have many broken, worn and/or multiple missing teeth, then a full mouth reconstruction may be required. This will often require every tooth to be restored with a combination of veneers, crowns, inlays, onlays, dental implants and dental bridgework.
At every single Malo Smile USA dental office we have the experience and expertise to bring together the various advanced dental disciplines required to create full mouth reconstructions that not only look great but they function correctly, are healthy and will last for many years to come.
What does full mouth reconstruction involve?
The key to a successful full mouth reconstruction is thorough planning. We have highly trained and skilled dentists qualified in the provision of full mouth reconstructions. Here is how it’s done:
- Examination: A thorough examination of the teeth, gums, supporting bone, muscles and jaw joint/ TMJ is essential. The latest technology helps us identify and explain what dentistry is required in your full mouth reconstruction and why. Our full digital analysis is key and crucial to plan and communicate your treatment needs.
- Computer Aided Smile Design: It’s vital that your full mouth reconstruction not only functions perfectly but looks great. Our extensive experience in cosmetic dentistry allows us to perfectly combine form and function. The latest in Computer Aided Smile Design technology allows us to discuss and show you the aesthetic outcome before we even touch a tooth!
- 3D Preview: Detailed impressions and bite records allow us to transform the imaging picture into a 3D model. Not just on the computer but a model you can pick up and examine. You can check the aesthetics from every angle, and we can check the function. This is an essential step in the planning of predictable full mouth reconstructions.
- Temporaries: After teeth are prepared for your full mouth reconstruction temporaries are placed that replicate the 3D model exactly. You can trial the proposed full mouth reconstruction in your own mouth, before anything is finalized. These temporaries can be fine-tuned to your precise aesthetic and functional requirements and any changes can be duplicated in the finished restorations.
- Fitting your full mouth reconstruction: exactly as we’ve planned it with you! Our master ceramist duplicates the smile design and function (from the temporaries and 3D model) in the final restorations and adds the fine color, surface anatomy and texture to bring your new full mouth reconstruction to life!
If you would like to know more about Full Mouth reconstruction why not call your nearest Malo Smile USA dental office?